In the interests of ensuring an open democracy, the Senate Liberal Caucus has committed itself to holding open door meetings on the important topics of the day. Expert panelists are invited to speak, and all Canadians, media and fellow parliamentarians are invited to listen and be a part of the discussion that follows.
On the morning February 25th, the Senate Liberal Caucus held a meeting on Parliament Hill to discuss the status of young adults in Canada. With high youth unemployment, stagnant wages, crushing debt and rising cost of living, Canada’s younger generation is feeling the impact. We would like to hear what the federal government can do to help.
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Michel Bergeron (Senior Vice President, Marketing and Public Affairs)
- Julia Deans (Chief Executive Officer, Futurpreneur Canada)
- Paul Kershaw (University of British Columbia, Founder of the Generation Squeeze campaign)
- James Knowles (Researcher, Public Policy Division, Conference Board of Canada)
- Michèle Biss (Legal Education and Outreach Coordinator, Canada Without Poverty)
This meeting was held:
Wednesday February 25th, 2015
9:30am – 11:30am
Parliament Hill, Ottawa
* This meeting was originally held on October 22nd, 2014, but was interrupted by the terrible attack of that day. We would like to thank our witnesses for agreeing to return to discuss this important topic
To listen to the audio of this meeting please choose one of the options below: